Thursday, June 2, 2016

My Channel

Greeting All; Shardvixen here;
I have been doing a lot of research into making my channel one that others would watch.  And you know what I have discovered.  Probably no one will watch my channels.  Why because of a few facts.
      1.  I am not camera beautiful.  I say it this way because if I say I am ugly then people get all weird and say I don't have any confidence which is a whole lot of bullshit.  I didn't say I though I was ugly.  I don't.  I think I am beautiful in my human form, not as beautiful as I am in my fox form but foxes are just wonderful, beautiful creatures that no human can compare to.   What I am saying is, I am not media beautiful in human form so I will become a fox.(HeeHee)  I am sure those who are in the Million lists for viewers and views probably don't think they are all that beautiful but something about their faces is pleasing to others.  I know my face isn't even pleasing to others in the real world much less the digital one.
      2.  Every thing has been done.  If you don't believe me search YouTube for something you are interested in and you will most likely find a video if not a channel in your area of interest.  Now this one wouldn't keep me from trying but I wouldn't be surprise if it was the reason I wasn't watched.  Right now all I upload are me playing games.  If you look at Social Blade which keeps track of YouTube channels and their statistics; the top 100 channels are over a million subscribers just in video gaming.  So finding your niche can be a bit tough.  But modifying things is what I do best, so I will not give up and i will just do what I am good at.
     3.  Every channel is asking for you to subscribe and to like their videos.  There is a reason for this which is about money.  If it wasn't about money, a comment would be enough for creating.  Should I stop creating just because no one is watching.  I say no but really who is going to watch me if no one is watching me.  It is a paradox event.  I can't get viewers until people have view me but people can't view me until I have viewers.  Will I let this stop me, no but I most likely won't get viewers.
I just want to say, I have nothing against making money with my art  I have nothing against others making money from their content but with every one asking for money, it seems likely some will not be getting any.
     4. I am just beginning and I am poor.  Should this stop me, no but everyone who looks at my videos suggest; I buy this or that; or play a brand new game(which every one does) or get better equipment or software, hardware or whatever.  I am learning all kind of new things even YouTube protocol.  I can't buy anything new at this time.  I can play the games I have which I do or the ones I borrow when I can.   I will create a few other channels showcasing my other hobbies such as puppets, story time. crafts, gardening and  recycling as well as just being a foolish fox.  I will make my set and explore video slowly over time.
     5. There are so many channels out there.  Females playing games don't do as well as males playing games.  But I am a fox playing games hopefully that will let me stand out some.    I don't do Let's Play because I am bad at playing games.  Hell I am still playing the same area in Dark Souls.  I get stuck in easy places and I am sure I frustrate the heck out those who watch.  I don't have the sparkling, funny and intriguing personality which make people want to watch me.(I will work on that, but I wouldn't hold your breath, I am not that popular in the real world either, except as a fool)

There are those of us who have to work really hard and sometimes even harder than others.  It isn't that I have bad luck, it is more like I don't have any luck either way.  I have to do twice the work of others to get people to notice me and then things tend to fall apart.  Does this mean I will quit?  Does it sound like that is what I am saying.

NO!!!!! what I am saying is I will have to work really hard.  I will have to learn new things.  I will have to keep reaching out to people to get them to notice me.  I will have to treat others the way I want to be treated( my 1st belief always).  I want to see where this will go.  I want people to be interested in my art, in my commentaries, in my channel.  So I will keep researching, I will keep learning and I will keep improving what I do.  IF down the road this gets me a career as a youtuber, cool if not; that is cool as well because at least I can say I tried.  Never ever quit on your dream till you are ready.  When I quit it will be because I have to or because something different came from my failures.
Have a great Bitchin' Friday ( for the good and the bad of it )  and I will catch you on the flipside!  I am outta here!

No comments:

Post a Comment