Monday, April 25, 2016

Social Media

Greetings All- Shardvixen here;
 Social media is very interesting.  I sometimes feel like the a child just learning about the world outside of my home.  The key words used like "followers", "friends", "subscribers" really have different meaning on these sites.  I was going to clean out my facebook and found I had a hard time letting go of photos even though I have them on disk.  It feels like to me sometimes the digital world is somehow connected to our real world, when in fact it really isn't.
I don't like the word 'followers' because I don't want to be a follower.  I want to walk at my own pace in my own race.  Though my favorite social site is Twitter.  I like being force to type so little to say so much.
Facebook is ok, I really liked MySpace when it first came out in which it was what Facebook is now.  I like having a site where I could post stuff and share it with people I knew outside of the Internet.  I have recently revisited MySpace and have found it to be a whole different site.  It is like what Pandora morphed into.
There are so many sites out there I have never tried. Some because they are only for mobile devices, others because they work better on the PC format, some because I am not sure exactly what they can do for me that would be any different then the ones I already have.  There are some I would like to try but can't.
Facebook has one billion, 100 million users.  I have about 500 on my page.  I got a long way to go before I could even get 1/2 of that to notice me. Followed by Twitter.  I was surprise to find out that Linkin was next on the list.  I have been a part of that site but I though the content was about business not social, guess I was wrong.  Next comes; Pintrest followed by Google + both of which I belong to but just never saw them as being as big as they are.  Pintrest has always been a troublesome site for me to get on and Google + I though was a bit odd to use.  Tumblr and Instagram have only 10,000 as a difference between them.  I though they were one in the same until last year when some actors talked about their Instagram.  I get Instagram and Snapchat mixed up cause I am old, or so I have been told.  (Not that I am old but that I am old because I ain't got a clue about what is happen within the soul of the world.) Next in line is VK(haven't a clue, so I will be googling soon) and flicker (which for some reason always brings to mind a horse and I though it was a place to steal photos from.)  See I am old getting things all mixed up.
Vine then Meet UP.  I have a Meet up but since I am a bit of hermit at this time, not doing much with meeting up.  I just don't see how this is a social media site but again maybe it is because I am old.  Please explain it to me when you get a chance.  I really wanted to do Vine but I only have so much bytes on my devices and I need Puzzle and Dragons to stay on it, else I will go crazy.
Of the last four on this list I found for the top media sites, only one have I used and it is listed as the 15th. Classmates.  I joined it to find some people I had last seen in high school.  I was wondering if they were still alive since I went to an Alternative High School.  If you need more information on that message me and we can have a chat about my history.
the other three are Tagged, Asked.fm, and Meet me.  I have never heard of these, so I will be googling them.  Another I had not heard of was stumbled. upon.  If you know anything about any of these please let me know.  I am curious.  That being said I wonder what is the top ten social media or if there is an old folks social media meaning used more by the old who tend to be stuck in the mud types.  I was told Facebook isn't where the young hang out and I could see that.
This list comes from this site:
http://www.ebizmba.com/articles/social-networking-websites
Why am I wondering about this?  well because I want to find people I don't know and tell them about my channel.  All of my subscribers, all 13 are youtubers with channels.  They don't have time to watch me because I can't give them what they want, more subscribers.  I was hoping to find other social media where I could find either my peers who most likely would not watch me unless I am broadcasting something they get into or young adults who will like more of the stuff I like but will see me as a pretentious oldster muscling in on their turf.  Part of who we are as a culture of the world includes our social media.
Every where you go, someone will ask you if you have first an email and next some kind of social media.  Some email sites are social medias as well, like google and yahoo.  I don't play on my email sites except for google and that is because it holds Youtube which is of course another social media site.
To look at youth sites would be a whole another blog of its own, as well as exploring emails.  There are so many things out in the no space of web space we don't know about but could be caught up discovering and wasting all my time.  I have things I need to be doing like looking for subscribers for my videos.  Please if any read this let me know you are reading, I promise I won't tell anyone and if you could tell me of other sites I might have missed.  I do know gaming sites are also social media sites but few are as popular except for Xbox and Playstation.  If you use those sites for socializing let me know.
Catch you on the flip side.







No comments:

Post a Comment